Monday, May 14, 2007

More Proof That Meditation in Revolutionary

Blakeslee for the New York Times writes, "Recent research has shown that meditation is good for the brain. It appears to increase gray matter, improve the immune system, reduce stress and promote a sense of well-being." in an article dated May 8th 2007. (I can't make the permalink work, but try this link.)

For me meditation is so revolutionary that I choose it over sleep. I'd rather be tired and more aware.

Am I addicted? Addiction is not used for positive beneficial things. When you know something is good for you, it's healthy to want to do it.

I feel more embodied, closer to my experience, I have a greater and more powerful observing ego. And the study shows, better attention.

In one of my favorite sutras, there is all kinds of advice, then they go to the Buddha. The Buddha says, "taht's all good, but I think you should just sit down and meditate till you are enlightened." I'm trying to follow that advice.

No comments: