Saturday, June 30, 2007

vajramti turns 28


vajramti
Originally uploaded by sravacitta
Vajramati turned 28 yesterday. Again. He's been Vajramati longer than he's been Peter. We celebrated with Sita, her mother, Savanna and me, plus Sue.

It's really a lucky thing he decided to commit to New York City to work for the good of the dharma, because many people are intimidated by NYC or find it easier to go to an established sangha. He's showed fortitude, commitment, sradha and a great kindness that marks his every interaction. He is wise, integrated, centered, deep, clear, thoughtful and sensitive to others.

My toast to him is to thank him for not going to Padmaloka, and coming to NYC, because it's hard to see how I would have gotten into the dharma without him. He's had a huge impact on my life, and I'm sure others. We celebrated his spiritual rebirth in the order yesterday. Happy birthday Vajramati!

No comments: